Location: South Plainfield, New Jersey 07080
Duration: 2-4 years
Perform electrical construction supervisory responsibilities. Support the activities of major new, replacement and upgraded electric. Manage and coordinate the work of multiple contractors and trades with responsibility for contract administration and compliance in accordance with Corporate Policy. Resolve contractor conflicts, schedule issues and labor disputes. Drive / promote Safety throughout the job site and ensure environmental compliance. Interface with governmental agencies for regulatory compliance with permitting and licensing requirements. Will report to the Inside Plant Construction Manager.
The main responsibility of this position is to supervise the construction of new substations, and updates to existing stations. Electrical Construction Supervisor will plan the daily work and check that all installations are complete. Provide daily job site inspection of work to ensure completion in accordance with established designs, specifications and company standards. Complete construction reports, Contractor billing, in-service reports, Contractor / vendor evaluations and project close-out reports. Supervise the efforts of Bargaining Unit Associates and Contractors (trade union personnel). Must complete necessary training and qualify to hold an assignment in company's Tagging System.
- Knowledge and experience in electric distribution design/engineering, operations, maintenance or construction.
- Exhibit knowledge of computer based business applications
- Must have strong communications skills
- 5 to 10 years of experience
- High school graduate
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Mostly field work
- Local candidates preferred - North NJ
- Long term contract 2 to 4 years
- Technical background is important
- Must be familiar with high voltage equipment 4kv- 500kv
- Will not be handling equipment; only supervising
- Bachelor’s Degree (Engineering, Construction Management or Business)